CARLO ALFREDO CLERICI
Place and date of birth: Genova, Italy, 25 August 1969
Work address: Dipartimento di Oncologia ed Emato-Oncologia, Università degli Studi di Milano, ℅ Pediatria Fondazione IRCCS Istituto dei Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milano (MI).
- Grammar school diploma (classics) in 1987 awarded at the Liceo Ginnasio Statale Tito Livio, Milan.
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Milan in 1994, awarded 110/110 and a distinction, with a dissertation on “The families of organ donors; problems relating to consent to organ donation and bereavement”; during his university studies he was a trainee at the 2nd Psychiatric Clinic of the University of Milan.
- Qualified to practise as a physician and registered with the Professional Association of Physicians of the Province of Milan in 1994.
- Military service in 1995 as second lieutenant in the Health Service of the Regione Carabinieri Lombardia in Milan, also with managerial responsibilities.
- Graduated from the specialization school in Clinical Psychology1 at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milan in 1999, with a dissertation on “Medical psychological support for children and adolescents with neoplastic disease and their families. Experience gained at the Pediatric Oncology Department of the Istituto Nazionale Tumori in Milan”.
- Registered as a psychotherapist with the Professional Association of Physicians of the Province of Milan since 1999.
- Graduated from the two-year Masters course on Alcohol-related diseases and problems at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in Florence in 2004, with a dissertation on “Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder as a risk factor for alcoholism”.
-Associate professor in clinical psychology at State University of Milan since July 2020.
- University researcher in General psychology at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the State University of Milan since September 2006 to July 2020.
- Under contract to the Pediatric Oncology Department of the Istituto Nazionale Tumori in Milan since November 1997, providing medical psychological and psychotherapeutic support for patients and their families. Since February 2012 he has been carrying out pediatric psycho-oncology assistance as a level I medical director at the Fondazione IRCCS National Cancer Institute of Milan.
- Specialist under contract to the Medical Psychology Service of the Regione Carabinieri Lombardia in Milan from January 2001 to December 2002, and from June 2003 to March 2004, and under contract to the 3° Battaglione Carabinieri Lombardia from September to December 2004, and from March to December 2005.
- Clinical activity at the Medical Psychological Service of Nord Italia Transplant, at the Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti of the Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico in Milan, first on a grant (as of 1996), and later under a professional contract (2001-2002)